The Scientific Council is an academic council concerned with the implementation and follow-up of the academic aspects related to academic and study programs such as exams, study schedules, student results, etc.
Formation of the Scientific Council
Based on the provisions of Article 9 (d) of the Law Regulating Higher Education and Scientific Research for the year 1990 AD, the Scientific Council was reconstituted on 08/12/2020 AD.
members of the Committee
Dean of the Collage
Chairman of the Committee
Vice Dean of Collage
Faculty members who are in the degree of professorship
representative of all programs
Director General of the General Administration of Private Higher Education, private and foreign
Five persons of scientific competence from outside the college, and they are:
Prof. Hassan Mohammed Saleh
D.. Mohammed Al-Jack Ahmed
Dr. Fath Al-Rahman Mahjoub
Dr. Abd Al- Rahim Mohamed Hamad Sati
Dr. Talal Abd Al-Basset Saeed
Secretary of Scientific Affairs
Member and Rapporteur
The Functions of the Scientific Council
- Granting scientific licenses to graduates.
- Recommending to the committee organizing the work of non-governmental higher education institutions in the Ministry to approve the new academic programs and curricula after approval by the Board of Trustees.
- Leave examination results.
- Nominating three external examiners (evaluators) holding a PhD or its equivalent for each program, and submitting their names with their CVs to the Department to appoint one of them.
- Issuing scientific regulations and student behavior regulations.
- Suggesting the conditions for admission to each specialty for approval by the committee.
- Recommending the administration to promote faculty members to be submitted to the Faculty Promotions Committee in non-governmental higher education institutions.
- Recommending to the Board of Trustees the establishment of the infrastructure for academic programs.
- Encouraging research, writing and publishing.
- Inviting external assessors to attend the meetings of the Scientific Council to discuss their scientific reports.
The second Scientific Council meeting for the year 2022 was held on Tuesday, corresponding to March 15, 2022. The meeting approved the results of the second semester exams and the final results for the first and second levels for the academic year 2020/2021.